- Entry fee for this event is $125. Sign up as an individual, teams are selected at random at the opening reception.
- Your entry fee is 50% refundable, up to 14 days before the event. In the event you can not attend, your spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist.
- Registration not complete until entry fee is received. Participant list will be available online as entries are paid.
- Online Registration Opens Jan 1st, 2019.
HOH now has reserved a block of rooms at our host hotel, The Suites Hotel, in Canal Park. Please call 218-727-4663 for reservations and ask for the House of Hearts rate. The HOH rate is only available until March 1st – so reserve your room now! Only as a guest of the hotel will you have access to the hospitality room.
The House of Hearts Charity Bonspiel benefits Project Joy, a partner of Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank’s BackPack Program. 100% of pledges are given to the charity here in Duluth.
- This is above & beyond your entry fee.
- This is the area that really makes our contribution to Project Joy and the DCC.
- This is the one time “you” can contribute to the HOH where it doesn’t come out of your own pocket!
- 100% of your pledges go directly to the charity.
- Bring your completed pledge sheet and pledges to registration the day of the event.
- No sharing pledges – can donate your entire total to one person, must be arranged by Tues, March 19th, 2019.
Other Ways to Increase your Pledge Total
- Did you get a team sponsor? Team sponsors are $60 and 100% of it will count toward your pledge total!
- Donate items for the baskets or silent auction. All donations due by March 18th, 2018! A portion of the donation’s value will be counted on your pledge sheet. (The amount is under the discretion of the silent auction chair, typically 25-50% of retail value) 50% of a Gift certificate’s value will count towards your pledge total. Donations become the property of HOH and are not returnable.
Don’t forget to keep digging for those pledges!
- If you raise over $1000 in pledges you can pick your celebrity skip*+ AND your position. You can also pre-register for HOH 2020, before general registration opens. You will receive your choice of either the 2019 HOH Jacket/sweatshirt or HOH Broombag made by our own Cindy Wood of Cinsational Curling, and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise over $750 in pledges, you will receive your choice of either the 2018 HOH Jacket/sweatshirt or HOH Broombag, and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise more than $400 in pledges, a new prize tbd, and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise over $150, you will receive a stylish HOH t-shirt, featuring everyone’s favorite – the DRanger Dude.
*In order to pick your skip, your pledges need to be emailed to the address below by Midnight CST on Tues March 19th, 2019. If you do not email your totals and skip picks before Tuesday March 19th, YOU LOSE YOUR PRIVILEGE TO PICK A SKIP. Please send a picture of your pledge sheet and your top 5 skip picks to email@example.com.
+In the Spirit of the event, you are only allowed to pick a skip. You can not pick spouses or friends. Teams at HOH are random, and no team stacking will be allowed.
What to Expect (Tentative Schedule)
Thursday March 21st, 2019
Kick off festivities take place at the Duluth Curling Club. Includes cocktail reception and dinner.
4:30 pm Registration and Social (Duluth Curling Club)
5:45 pm Team Draw
6:30 pm Parade of Skips
7:30 pm Fundraising Events Begin
10:00pm Skins Voting Ends. Tippy Cup tournament.
Friday March 22nd, 2019
10:00 am Pin Party at The Suites Hotel
11:00am Curling – Draw 1
12:30 pm Lunch at and provided by the Green Mill
2:00 pm Celebrity Skins Game
3:00 pm Curling – Draw 2, Silent Auction Begins
5:30 pm Curling – Draw 3
7:00pm Drawing for TV
7:30pm Curling – Draw 4
9:00 pm Post Parties and Raffle Winners Drawn, DJ Begins
10:00 pm Silent Auction Concludes
Saturday March 23rd, 2019
11:00 am “C” and “D” Quarterfinals
1:00 pm “A” and “B” Quarterfinals
3:00 pm Semifinals
5:00 pm DRanger Shootout
6:30 pm All Event Finals
8:30 pm DJ and Post Party Begin
9:00 pm Final Raffle Winners Drawn
10:30 pm Check presentation