Entry fees and deadlines for the 2018 House of Hearts will be as follows:
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT!!! BEFORE 11:59pm CST on February 1st, $110 (Note: this is also the deadline to be eligible for the TV drawing!)
- On February 2nd the price is $130
- Entry fee non-refundable, but it is transferrable.
- Registration not complete until entry fee is received. Participant list will be available online as entries are paid.
There are three ways to register for the House of Hearts Celebrity Bonspiel:
1. Register at the Duluth Curling Club. Drop your entry fee payable to “House of Hearts” into the black HOH dropbox at the DCC. It is located next to the HOH bulletin board.
2. Register Online: The fastest and easiest way to pay.
3. Register via Mail: Send your name, phone number, email address, and your entry fee payable to “House of Hearts.” Please send your information and payment to: Duluth Curling Club, Attn: Barb Payette, 327 Harbor Drive, Duluth, MN 55802
Unlike previous years, we will not hold your spot until your entry fee is paid.
HOH now has reserved a block of rooms at our host hotel, The Suites Hotel, in Canal Park. Please call 218-727-4663 for reservations and ask for the House of Hearts rate. The HOH rate is only available until March 1st – so reserve your room now! Only as a guest of the hotel will you have access to the hospitality room.
We are raising money for Project Joy, a partner of Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank’s BackPack Program for child hunger. 100% of donations are given to the charity here in Duluth.
- This is above & beyond your entry fee.
- This is the area that really makes our contribution to Project Joy and the DCC.
- This is the one time “you” can contribute to the HOH where it doesn’t come out of your own pocket!
- 100% of your pledges go directly to the charity.
- Bring your completed pledge sheet and pledges to registration the day of the event.
Other Ways to Increase your Pledge Total
- Did you get a team sponsor? Team sponsors are $60 and 100% of it will count toward your pledge total!
- Donate items for the baskets or silent auction. All donations due by March 18th, 2018! A portion of the donation’s value will be counted on your pledge sheet. (The amount is under the discretion of the silent auction chair, typically 25-50% of retail value) 50% of a Gift certificate’s value will count towards your pledge total. Donations become the property of HOH and are not returnable.
Don’t forget to keep digging for those pledges!
- If you raise over $1000 in pledges you can pick your celebrity skip* AND your position. NEW THIS YEAR – you can pre-register for HOH 2019, before general registration opens. You will also receive your choice of either the 2018 HOH Jacket or HOH Broombag made by our own Cindy Wood of Cinsational Curling , a pair of HOH flannel PJ pants, and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise over $750 in pledges, you will receive your choice of either the 2018 HOH Jacket or HOH Broombag, a pair of HOH flannel PJ pants, and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise more than $400 in pledges, a pair of HOH flannel PJ pants, and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise over $150, you will receive a stylish HOH t-shirt, featuring everyone’s favorite – the DRanger Dude.
*In order to pick your skip, your pledges need to be turned in by Midnight CST on Tues March 20th, 2018. If you are out of town, please send a picture of your pledge sheet and your top 5 skip picks to email@example.com.
What to Expect (Tentative Schedule)
Thursday March 22nd, 2018
Kick off festivities take place at the Duluth Curling Club. Includes cocktail reception and dinner.
4:30 pm Registration and Social (Duluth Curling Club)
5:45 pm Team Draw
6:30 pm Parade of Skips
7:30 pm Fundraising Events Begin
10:00pm Skins Voting Ends. Tippy Cup tournament.
Friday March 23rd, 2018
10:00 am Pin Party at The Suites Hotel
11:00am Curling – Draw 1
12:30 pm Lunch at and provided by the Green Mill
2:00 pm Celebrity Skins Game
3:00 pm Curling – Draw 2, Silent Auction Begins
5:30 pm Curling – Draw 3
7:00pm Drawing for TV
7:30pm Curling – Draw 4
9:00 pm Post Parties and Raffle Winners Drawn, DJ Begins
10:00 pm Silent Auction Concludes
Saturday March 24th, 2018
11:00 am “C” and “D” Quarterfinals
1:00 pm “A” and “B” Quarterfinals
3:00 pm Semifinals
5:00 pm DRanger Shootout
6:30 pm All Event Finals
8:30 pm DJ and Post Party Begin
9:00 pm Final Raffle Winners Drawn
10:30 pm Check presentation